Who is Decent Labs?
Over the last four years, Decent Labs has launched fintech-enabled products and applications with some of the most prominent startups in the blockchain and cryptocurrency industry. Now, we are redefining venture capital by creating a new generation of startups led by mission-driven industry experts and focused on a clear path to growth and acquisition. Our partners are visionary founding teams who have discovered ways to lever blockchain technology for social impact, and see value in a trusted technology partner to materialize that vision.
Who Are You?
A Solidity Engineer at Decent Labs is highly skilled, highly focused, and driven to learn. Solidity Engineers at Decent Labs work with our product managers to architect innovative decentralized applications for our portfolio of startups. In addition, the Solidity Engineer works closely with designers and fellow engineers to successfully execute on the implementation, testing, and deployment of smart contracts and Web3 applications.
You, the Solidity Engineer, have a strong passion for building the future of money on the Ethereum blockchain. You’re a creative thinker and analytical problem solver who is inspired by the opportunity to contribute to the open financial system and unafraid to push the boundaries of what is possible with technology. You possess a deep mastery of other open source technologies that power the web. Your fascination with cryptocurrency allows you to take your work seriously while marveling at the novelty of it all.
Importantly, at Decent Labs, you’ll grow as a wise architect and developer who has experience executing complex development roadmaps from inception to deployment on the cloud, mainnet, and beyond.
- Build smart contracts in Solidity for the Ethereum blockchain
- Build front-end Web3 interfaces that interact with the Ethereum blockchain
- Build back-end cloud services that interact with the Ethereum blockchain
- Understand and be passionate about blockchain architecture
- Design, scope, and estimate complex applications at the feature level
- Envision and develop features to help build a decentralized applications
- Enthusiastically collaborate with a small team to plan projects at the task level
- Collaborate with cross functional partners on all aspects of product development
- Identify and advocate for team-wide areas of improvement and best practices
- Mentor team members to refine their technical and architectural skills
Skills & Qualifications
- 5+ years of industry experience in software engineering
- Bachelor’s and/or Master’s degree in CS or equivalent experience
- Possesses a mastery of Node.js and React
- Possesses a mastery of designing APIs and building scalable RESTful services
- Understands and applies Solidity patterns to solve common problems
- Understands gas optimization the tradeoff between efficient code and readable code
- Fortifies smart contracts Test Driven Development and NatSpec
- Knows how to write migrations and deploy code to EVM-compatible networks
- Familiar with Truffle, Waffle, and Hardhat, and the pros and cons of each framework
- Familiar with submitting smart contracts for third-party audits
- Possesses exceptional judgment, problem-solving skills, and an analytical mindset
- Understands engineering best practices such as continuous integration
- Ability to work in areas outside of your comfort zone and motivated by personal growth
- Demonstrated interest in the cryptocurrency industry
- Nice to have: experience developing and deploying Flutter mobile applications
- Nice to have: demonstrated design and UX sensibilities
Benefits of working at Decent Labs
- Health, dental, and vision insurance
- Flexible time off policy
- Fully remote and work from home culture
- Robust variety of project types
- Work with inspiring founders and brands
- Build applications at the forefront of blockchain technology